A friends with benefits relationship sounds so ridiculously sinful. Something which gives you an edge, after all you are getting some action without conversation. How wonderful it sounds- but only in Wonderland. A friends with benefits relationship is devastating for feelings, deplorable for values and shameful for reputation. But, some say that who cares about reputation and values because those are constructed by society, they are a fabrication of human expectations. But, what about feelings? Are those, too fabrication of human expectations. Aren’t those very real, very innate and very true. Hence, going by personal experience, I present to you 10 REASONS NOT TO ENTER AN FWB:
1) It is only physical: The “friends” in an FWB don’t care about each other. It is purely physical. It objectifies the other as tools for sexual pleasure. Instead, go buy sex toys instead of degrading a living breathing human being.
2) There is no romance: All of the girls and the guys who are looking for the nervous kisses, the sweaty palms, the cozy arms. FLASH it is not there at all in an FWB. There is no nervousness, no sweat, no foreplay only straight on action. Boy, I don’t know who enjoys that.
3) You”ll hate yourself for doing it: Wait for a couple of years after it ends and you will regret each passing memory of your FWB relationship.
4) It will never ever turn into a relationship: Even if it does, it will not work. Don’t think it will only because you saw it in the movie Friends with Benefits. If he or she wanted a relationship in the first place they would not have gone for an FWB.
5) You don’t know each other: Unless you were good friends, you don’t know each other at all. And I am talking about this from experience, so I know because I did not know anything about my partner in that relationship. Moreover, I disliked his personality.
6) You might end up getting emotionally wounded: The number one rule in an FWB is not to fall in love with your partner and if you do, you are doomed. Not only is the relationship on the verge of getting over but also you will be emotionally hurt.
7) You can’t share your relationship: Because it has the potential of ruining your reputation, you can never ever share your relationship status with anybody. I repeat, don’t ever share.
8) You won’t be happy that it happened: There is no “don’t be sad that it is over, be glad that it happened” because there was no relationship and hence there is nothing to be proud of.
9) The main reason you entered the relationship was because you were feeling insecure: You are letting somebody take advantage of your vulnerability and your under confidence. He or she will have the last laugh when they are done, not you.
10) You cannot be jealous: If he or she leaves you and enters into a relationship with somebody else, you do not have the right to be jealous because you two were never together in the first place. It will only make you seem clingy.
Feel free to comment below whether you disagree or agree. I would love to read your ramble.